With just one range of products, how does DR’s Secret help to eradicate and resolve every kind of skin problem? After all, we could be battling redness one moment and breakouts the next. Do you know, each DR’s Secret product can be used differently to suit the needs of your skin and target your specific skin concerns.
Below we compiled a tips chart for the individual items in the DR’s Secret basic range.
Whether you are a freshman or a more experienced sophomore learning to derive your own formula, these will equip you to better customise your own routine and enjoy the maximum benefits each product can bring!
- Wash your hands with soap before using DR’s Secret Cleanser 1. This will help to remove oil and dirt, which makes for easier foaming.
- Lather the gel cleanser into a foam by adding small amounts of water while massaging with light circular strokes.
- Using too much strength or rubbing too hard will make it harder to foam.
- Using your fingertips instead of palms to massage the foam around your face helps to ensure that all areas of your skin are covered.
- Apply DR’s Secret Toner T2 using finger tips with gentle swipes. No rubbing or patting is needed.
- For more sensitive skin, use Moisturizer 6 instead and apply Toner T2 at a later stage after skin is more stable and well-conditioned.
- Whenever skin feels dry and thirsty, you can apply toner on cotton pad and place all over skin as a hydrating and soothing mask.
- Beginner: Mix 10 drops of DR’s Secret Skinlight T3 with 3 to 4 pumps of DR’s Secret Skinrecon T4 and apply.
- Intensive: Use T3 and T4 separately for boosted radiance effects.
- Use T3 with Spot Serum 8 to help with acne areas. Some purging might occur as skin renewal rate is increased.
- As T3 is a rich botanical brew of natural extracts, product colour may vary but efficacy is not affected.
- DR’s Secret Skinrecon T4 can be used as a lightweight moisturiser in the day.
- Use DR’s Secret Sunscreen 5 for dry to normal skin for a dewy glow.
- Use DR’s Secret Sunscreen 5M for normal to oily skin for a matte fresh finish.
- Those with combination skin can try applying one layer of Sunscreen 5 followed by a layer of 5M.
- Always reapply sunscreen throughout the day, every 3 hours if under the hot sun.
- Press and roll sunscreen into the skin with fingertips instead of spreading to blend well.
- It is best to wait for your skin care products to be semi-dry on your skin before applying sunscreen to avoid white cast.
- Apply DR’s Secret Moisturizer 6 on red, dry or sensitive skin to soothe and calm skin.
- For combination to oilier skin, mix Moisturizer 6 with Emulsion A6 or Refining Serum 9 for easier absorption and a fresher finish.
2 ways to apply:
1. Spread and pat evenly into skin
2. Press and roll product into skin
C15 Essence 7
- For boosted radiance and anti-ageing effects, apply DR’s Secret Age Arrest A3 set followed by C15 Essence 7.
- To help with dark circles, mix C15 Essence 7 with Eye Cream and use around the under-eye area.
- Recommended to use at night for best effects.
- As it contains a high concentration of Vitamin C, product colour may change over time due to oxidation but efficacy is not affected.
- We recommend finishing the product 6 months from opening of bottle for best effects.
Spot Serum 8
- Apply DR’s Secret Spot Serum 8 only on troubled areas should acne only appear at specific spots.
- For oily skin, apply on the whole face to help with oil control and balance sebum production.
- To clear up an inflamed spot, soak a small piece of cotton wool in Spot Serum 8 and leave overnight as a pimple mask.
Refining Serum 9
- Use DR’s Secret Refining Serum 9 to soothe and calm skin redness or irritated skin.
- Use all over the face as the final step of your routine to help seal your products into the skin.
- For red and inflamed acne, use Refining Serum 9, Spot Serum 8, Refining Serum 9 to soothe, treat then soothe again. If the pimple appears as a whitehead, use Spot Serum 8 directly on the affected spot followed by Refining Serum 9.